Paul has successfully completed the Harvard Law School Program on Negotiation – Advanced Mediation Workshop: Mediating Complex Disputes.
The Advance Mediation Workshop, specifically designed for professionals with prior mediation training and experience, is well suited for those who wish to take their mediation practice to a master level.
The learning objectives of the course are:
- Explore the role of counsel and learn how to manage differing interests within the lawyer-client relationship and when lawyers engage in mediation sessions;
- Assess the risks and opportunities of facilitative versus evaluative mediation styles;
- Examine the emotional dimensions of mediation for the parties, counsel, and mediators;
- Manage the complexities of distributive bargaining situations;
- Develop strategies for multiparty disputes by examining cases from public and corporate sectors;
- Learn to identify power inequities among stakeholders and deal with back-table agendas and coalitions;
- Increase your ability to manage complex technical issues across multiple parties;
- Acquire techniques and hands-on experience for dealing with future contingencies;
- Analyse and evaluate your own practice foundations;
- Sharpen your mediation skills with in-depth, real-time feedback from master practitioners.